I put a lot of my projects on a base. The base is really easy to make and gives the entire project a cleaner more professional look. It is great for pieces that will only be on display.
1. Decide how large a base you need, cut two pieces the same size
2. Make sure the ridges are perpendicular to each other when you sandwich the pieces. This will add a lot of strength.
3. Your base is two sheets wide so hollow out two rows in your sheet. This will become your trim piece. It will hide the ugly ends and make the entire project look better
4. Cut your trim piece out of the sheet and clean up the edges
5. Remove the ridge in the center
6. Cut a slit in the trim edge that is in line with the base
7. Cut a notch out of the strip the same width as the trim
8. When you fold the corner over there should be no gaps
9. Glue the edges all the way around
10. And there it is - one base
|Let me know if you have any questions|
|Photos courtesy of |